Thursday, September 9, 2010

why is my preschooler bossy? because she's 3!!

this morning did not get off to a good start....Aliana comes into our bed at 7am and yells mommy!!! wake up! ok I should start getting up this early anyways when she starts preschool next week, but not this week haha. so she climbed into bed with me and we snuggled and she fell back asleep. thank goodness! and just like every morning, the twins give me a poopie festival lol. they must compete to see who made the biggest one, or who's done first, i don't know but its a Good Morning to Mommy! lol. then Aliana decides to be bossy, first she wants cheerios, then she wants honey nut cheerios, so I pour it into the bowl, right when the milk goes in...then she starts screaming crying, and i'm like whats wrong? "I want Kix! I don't want honey nut cheerios!" uggh!!!!!! she does not stop there! i made her eat those effing cheerios! lol! then she says don't look at me! don't talk to me that way!....these are the times I wonder why is she soooo effing bossy?! well....because she's 3! for the next 2 hours it goes on and on with her bossiness. "don't tell me to go to timeout, you go to timeout!" I mean where does she get the nerve to talk me, her mother this way! she's not a teenager yet! i have 13 more years before we really start our mother/daughter fights. Now that Matt is home, shes being bossy with him. thank goodness its not only me she gives attitude. I said on facebook she's a stubborn german! She's more german than any other of her nationalities, but I think the others play a role too. shes very strong-willed, get what she wants, no one can tell her what to do, and she has sensitive feelings, she gets those traits from me lol, she gets her humor and stubborn streak from ther daddy.

we are seeing now that Brody is strong-willed, he loves hugs and kisses, cuddles, he knows what he wants, and is a ladies man. Kaleb is showing he is strong-willed, talks a lot, sly, laid back, and likes everyone. He smiles at strangers right away, he observes everything. He's a bit more cautious than Brody. They have different personalities, yet they show some similarities as well. Even though they are technically identical twins, they look nothing alike. they have physical differences too. sometimes people think they are fraternal twins, because of the idea that identical twins are "supposed" to be exactly identical. but watching National Geographic's In the womb: Identical Twins can give you a good lesson! twins in general are fascinating to watch them interact with eachother. I read this book, Entwined Lives, What twins tell us about human behavior, By Nancy Segal. It was very interesting how genetics play a huge role into our lives. she explained how twins become mirror images of eachother, how fraternal twins and identical twins reunite after so many years apart, and how they had very similar lives, its a lot of information to take in, but i loved learning about it all.

Today I made Vegan Blueberry Muffins, they are super good!!!! I made them from scratch. Aliana sneaked a muffin for herself when I was upstairs changing diapers lol. I made 12, i think they are all going to be gone by tonight. I have kahlua pork in the crock pot, my house smells heavenly! mmmmm.

Its time to go eat the pork now! I am not vegan, I just made vegan muffins so the twins can eat them. They are lactose intolerant, so no milk, and they had diarrhea when we gave them a hard boiled egg, so, no eggs either. poor babies. I hope they grow out of these dairy allergies.

xoxo
nalia

No comments:

Post a Comment