Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the past few days have been truly a challenge of strength, love, and celebrating a life.

the good news is, My uncle Kyle is getting better everyday. his chemo treatments have been working. of course losing his hair takes some time getting used to, but rest assured when he is in remission his hair will come back! or he can enjoy wigs! hehe. and he has been having more energy, getting outside more, but of course not over doing it. he's taking it one day at a time. i wish i could be there with him through all this, just a good excuse to go to hawaii right?! heehee.

My Cousin Chris and his wife Ashley Folsom, had their twin girls on June 3, 2011. Kailani Maci and Aolani Andi. Aolani had a heart birth defect, where basically the left side of her heart wasn't forming correctly as it should have, and they were born at 33 weeks. she had to really make it to 36 weeks to have a really good chance at survival. Unfortunately, due to unexpected events Aolani was taken to Heaven on June 9th during a procedure the surgeons were doing to prepare to fix her heart. Of course this was devastating to the entire families. but most of all her parents. to be honest, i am not the best with words of sympathy or when it comes to dealing with a loss of a loved one. everyone has their own way dealing with things like this, and I just keep quiet to myself and listen to my voice within.

They have been getting tremendous support from friends and family all over! and support from the Ronald McDonald House Charities, and my cousin opened The Pure Heart Fund (i will post more info on my fb profile) for those who would like to help them out with their personal ventures. My cousin wants to help other families whose babies have rare heart birth defects. I give them lots of kudos for dealing with all of this the best they can, and i know as a parent myself i can't fathom what they are going through, but i do know its not the pain any mother should feel. My HEART goes out to them!!!!!! I love them soooo much! Thank goodness, they still have her twin sister, Kailani, Aolani will be watching over her, and will always be with her, her entire life. Kailani is doing awesome, she's thriving, and will be able to leave the nicu in 2-3 weeks now! thats awesome! After these recent events with my family members, i look at life as a precious moment. Live one day at a time, and live in every moment! For all my friends who gave their condelences thank you! it shows who can take 2 mins from your life to look at mine. I thank you for that! and for those who still haven't said anything.....i will be cleaning my facebook friends list soon.....

ok i really have to go now because my twins are biting the laptop cover....as i am typing.......O-M-G!!!! lol!!! the joys of motherhood!
love
nalia

No comments:

Post a Comment